Monday, November 11, 2013

Best Pencil Sharpener Ever.

Yeah, I know, I completely disappeared again.

Maybe someday I'll become a consistent blogger again. Sigh.

Quick school year update: Things are starting to look up. Minus Friday. Friday wasn't a great day. Here's to hoping it was a fluke.

Overall, my class is starting to finally settle down and it has been incredibly welcome.

In other news, my photography business is really taking off and I have some incredibly exciting stuff headed my way. I'm beyond giddy!

But more on that later.

On to the real point of this post-The Best Pencil Sharpener Ever.



Ok, I'm sure by now you've heard all about the awesome pencil sharpeners over at Classroom Friendly Supplies. And let's be honest, if you're anything like me, you're a little skeptical about it.

I mean, how great can a pencil sharpener be, right? It's a pencil sharpener.

First of all, I just checked out the website, and it now comes in pink. Hello, classroom decor coordination!

So I've had my sharpener for about a year now (and because I'm a terrible blogger, I'm just now getting around to reviewing it), and I love it. No joke, I think our custodian just about fell over when I asked him to take the old, crappy pencil sharpener off of the wall (apparently no one ever asks to get rid of a pencil sharpener...except me).

Things I love most about this sharpener:

-It's quite. Enough said.

-The kids can't stand there and sharpen their pencils until they turn into little nubs because they're stalling and trying to avoid work. You know what I'm talking about.

-If we sharpen 20 pencils in a row, it doesn't smell like melting plastic. I'm talking to you, Mr. Fancy Electric Pencil Sharpener.

No joke. This bad boy is so amazing that one of my coworkers (who thought I was nuts switching to a manual pencil sharpener from an electric one) came to my room to try it and was so amazed that she went to her computer, ordered one for herself, and threw away her electric sharpener the second this one arrived.

It is that good.

Trust me on this one, if you don't have one of these already, go order one. In fact, order two. You won't regret it.

Here's the link: http://www.classroomfriendlysupplies.com/

4 comments:

  1. Whenever you're looking for a coffee machine you want the one that has protection measures on. An automated on/off function will go a lengthy way in guaranteeing you not only preserve on energy but in situation you are a to forget things individual it changes itself off. Still on the issue of protection most coffee machine come with http://thebestcoffeemakerreview.com/a brief cable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found some really interesting reviews on some of the best electric pencil sharpeners on the market, perfect for any classroom. Checkout http://electricpencilsharpenerreviews.com/ for more reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought this sharpener because my old one made a horrible squealing noise. I'm a librarian but we have study hall in this library, so I had to find a good sharpener.
    This one is not super quiet, but it works SO fast that it doesn't create a big disturbance.
    I even had one junior-high student (stinker!) try to put in a pencil the wrong way, and it still works!
    I would recommend this sharpener to anyone who uses standard pencils. (It does not adjust for wider, early childhood-type pencils.)http://www.BestElectricPencilSharpeners.com

    ReplyDelete