A little about me (in bulleted listed form, because that's how I work):
- I am a 6th grade teacher in Decatur, Illinois.
- Teaching is not humanly possible without coffee. I'm sure of it.
- My desk could be likened to an endangered animal, it is very rarely seen.
- I have a slight font addiction.
- When I'm not teaching, I'm a photographer.
- I procrastinate like nobody's business (which is why I'm creating a blog instead of working on my midterms that are due Wednesday).
- I've become so much of a coffee snob that coffee from the teacher's lounge will no longer do. My coffee is either brewed at home before I leave work or in the coffee maker that resides in the corner of my classroom.
- My students have identified that there is such thing as a "Ms. Ellison Sized Coffee."
- Charlie, my dog, is the cutest dog on the planet.
Let me present Exhibit A.
- Most of my paychecks are spent at Target. I love Target.
- I'm pretty artsy fartsy. Pinterest is awesome (and I actually make some of the stuff that I pin)!
boyfriendfiancé, Matthew, and I have been together for almostover 3 years now and we're getting married on October 7th.
- This is my second year teaching. I graduated with my Associate's from Richland Community College in 2008 (and saved myself thousands of dollars of student debt). In 2010, I graduated from Eastern Illinois University with a Bachelor's in Elementary Education.
- Before I started teaching, I worked at a library for 5 years (and I volunteered there for 5 years before that). I know, I'm a nerd.
- I tend to get a tad bit carried away when I make lists. (Oops!)
You can't tell me that he isn't the cutest dog that you've ever seen.
He's a pretty handsome guy, if I may say so myself.