Tuesday, August 7, 2012

SO much left to do!

First off, congratulations to Meghan from Third Grade in the First State for having the closest guess to the total of my little shopping trip last week!

Remember all of this?
Sorry, adorable brown dog not included.
Meghan guessed that I spend $34 on these goodies, and boy was she close! I spent a whopping....

$35!

That's it! 

(I'm not so sure about some of you...over $100?! Whoa-I'm planning a wedding, remember?!)

I am happy to report that the rug has made it into my classroom and looks FANTASTIC!

I mean, seriously FANTASTIC.

I'm kind of in love with it.

Except for the part where it slides across the floor if you step on it. I'm clumsy enough as it is, I don't need to have it trying to kill me. A rug pad (or something along those lines) is on my to-do list.

Sadly, those little green lamps are looking a little faded. I didn't think about the fact that they were sitting right next to the windows last year. Apparently the sun worked its magic on them. 

Sad face.

In other news, my poor, lonely, crate seats are finally getting a friend.

I got word yesterday that my grandpa had finished building my new table that will be the PERFECT size for these little crates! It still needs a couple coats of paint (which my AMAZING grandma volunteered to take care of!) before it can move in to my room, but it's going to be AWESOME!

 I'm thinking that it'll be the same lovely shade of blue as my zebra chair. Thoughts?

I mean, I have a gallon of the stuff sitting in the garage, it should probably be put to good use, right?

Right.

My pal/bridesmaid Mallory helped me start refinishing some chairs that I stole saved from the office's junk pile.

Unfortunately, I underestimated how much one can of spray paint can do, and ended up with one painted chair, one partially painted chair, and one untouched chair.

Oops.

I did manage to reupholster 2 of the 3 seat cushions and the back cushion (only one chair had one-weird). 

They're going to be super cool. 

But of course I forgot to take pictures of the work in progress.

I did remember to take a before picture.

That is on UGLY chair. 

But not for long. 

(Insert evil villain laugh)

I also finished printing, trimming, and framing my PBIS posters; covered my "doesn't erase at all" whiteboard, and made super cute name tags.

And I forgot to take pictures of them.

Get your head together, Laura.

I don't plan on spending any time in my classroom tomorrow since it's supposed to be super hot (and I am going for my first dress fitting tomorrow!). And I'm also hoping to squeeze in a little end-of-the-summer pool time. There hasn't been nearly enough pool time in my summer.

Until then, I'm going to work on some schedule cards and some name/number labels (because I can never remember who goes with what number). I'll probably post them to TpT when I'm done, so make sure you're following my store.

One last thing that I've been meaning to do for awhile now-

Shout out to Melissa over at Teach-Bake-Love

Her blog was one of the first that I started following, and it's also one of the blogs that I look forward to reading the most! I was absolutely SHOCKED when I noticed how few followers she has-you guys are missing out! So when you get a minute, hop over to her blog-you can thank me later.




6 comments:

  1. Ummm how did I NOT know about Melissa's blog?! I read the first few posts and I'm obsessed!! THanks for sharing. Everything looks great in your room by the way!
    ☼ Kate
    To The Square Inch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her blog, and adore yours, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the area your rug is in! It definitely adds a nice touch. A tip though: go to Lowes/Home Depot and get the no-slip mat that goes under rugs. It keeps it from slipping on tile/wood surfaces and it also keeps the rug from bunching up, keeping it in place. The mats come in all sizes. My parents use them under the big rugs downstairs on our wood floors. It's a big help.

    I'm a new follower. Come check me out!
    Ms. W
    Hootin’ Around the Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rug set-up looks fantastic!! Also, thanks for sharing Melissa's blog-- just starting following her!

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  5. As for your slipper rug... You can put caulking in lines across the back of the rug then let it dry. After it is dry, it is almost like a rubber backing. It will not slip. I like this better than the no slip mats because this way, everything is one piece! (Thanks to Martha Stewart for the tip!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the crate seats!

    As we are thinking about the new school year-new ideas, things to add, things to change, etc. I encourage you to give JogNog a try.

    JogNog is instrumental in my classroom by engaging my students in learning. I, also, do some consulting with JogNog.

    Cara
    Teaching...My Calling

    ReplyDelete