Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Bachelorette Party/Bridal Shower #1

The weekend before school started, my fantastic Maid of Honor organized a Bachelorette/Bridal Shower weekend.

The Matt and the guys took off to Chicago for the weekend to ride roller coasters at Six Flags, while the girls and I hung out here.

Ok, so this may come as a complete and total shock to you, but (brace yourself), I am in no way a partier.

Whew. Glad to get that one off my chest.

But seriously, I'm a bit of a homebody.

I'd rather be hanging around the house than doing much else.

So the typical bachelorette party that involves drinking and other wild festivities-not up my alley at all.

Well, my MOH took this into consideration and planned a PERFECT bachelorette party.

No, seriously.

For starters, the evening kicked off in sweat pants.

Oh yeah. Be jealous.

Then, we all got 30 minute private massages from a masseuse that came to the house.

Uh huh. It was awesome.

Then, she had someone drop off a meal that she had catered.

White chicken lasagna, garlic mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, a delicious salad, and some fluffy rolls.

"Dessert?" you ask.

No big deal. It was just a delightfully gooey s'more concoction with some Nutella spiked chocolate milk.

Sigh.

It was wonderful.

(And I may have been in bed by 10:30)

:)

Then for breakfast, we had a french toast bake ready to pop in the oven.

Heaven.

Following breakfast, were last minute preparations/ set-up for the shower.

My mom make an awesome pumpkin dip
 (which just so happened to be the perfect partner to Grandma's ginger snaps
Courtney did a fantastic job. She sent out recipe cards with the invitations, and asked people to bring the dish and the recipe card. We had a delicious assortment of goodies.

And the decorations matched the look of our wedding beautifully.
How cute is this?! She bought us Jenga and then had everyone write us messages on the blocks!









And my sister, being the baker that she is, created this delicious cupcake dress. Half of the cupcakes were pumpkin and the other were half butter pecan. Did I mention that she's making our wedding cake and the cupcakes for the wedding?



And of course, we opened presents. They spoiled us.



Oh, and the favors? They were bags of caramel marshmallow popcorn. And check out our wedding invitation? Adorable, right?

Not a bad way to spend the last weekend before the start of school, if you ask me!








4 comments:

  1. Congrats! This sounds like your MOH knows you well and did good. Hope you had a great start to school this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so not a partier either- I love that your MOH knew you well enough to plan something just for you! The Jenga idea is so fun, too- wish I would've thought of that for my friend's shower! :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  3. My only advice is usually to start arranging early, there were tons of problems running around at the last minute but it turned out terrific, it is really worth preparing ahead of time. We located a list of 99 scavenger hunt ideas and posted the topics on the back of some shirts which was the most amazing girls night out! We Ended up locating some best 'Bridezilla' party ideas over at this web-site...
    www.amazingbacheloretteparty.com/invitations

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the whole partying thing! I didn't even have a bachelorette party because I just don't do those things. But, I would have loved to have one like yours (I'm coming up on my 2 year anniversary in October). Sounds like you had a great time!

    Kandi M.
    readinginthemiddl3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete